This privacy statement explains how Third Age Health Services Limited collects, stores, uses and shares your personal information
Third Age Health Services Ltd will collect and hold personal information that you provide, or that you authorise us to obtain from other sources, in line with the Privacy Act 2020, which promotes and protects the privacy of information collected from and about an individual and the Health Information Privacy Code 1994, which was established specifically for the management of information relating to health and disability support services such as general practice.
Third Age Health provide primary care services to residents living in Aged Care Facilities as well as to patients enrolled with general practices.
- We only collect personal information where this is necessary to carry out our functions
- We may collect personal information about you either directly from you or from other people or agencies, and we may generate personal information about you when we carry out our functions
- You can ask us for a copy of your personal information at any time. We will be as open as we can with you but must also ensure we meet our confidentiality obligations
- We will only use and share personal information where necessary to carry out the functions for which we collected it, or if required by law
- If you cannot find the information you need, or you have concerns about the way we are managing your personal information, then please contact us at any time.
South Island patients only – Please note that this practice is contributing to, and accessing healthcare information from HealthOne –
What is HealthOne?
HealthOne is a South Island based secure electronic record that allows registered healthcare providers directly involved in your healthcare, to quickly access information such as your test results, allergies, medications, GP summaries and hospital information. HealthOne adheres to the principles of the Privacy Act 2020 as well as the Rules set out in the Health Information Privacy Code 2020. Access is only possible via an approved highly secure healthcare information network which is regularly audited and tested. Privacy auditing is used to check that only those directly involved in your care are accessing your information. To find out more about HealthOne please visit https://healthone.org.nz/. Please note that you are entitled to restrict the sharing of your healthcare records by contacting 0508 837 872 or emailing HealthOne.email@example.com